National, Major or Minor ? Which is Pittsburgh ready for?

Monday, January 25, 2010

Is Box Lacrosse the Answer?

   After doing some research, things are leading me to believe that Pittsburgh needs to walk before it can run when it comes to Professional Lacrosse. Seems that it is a Football and Hockey town. However, there may be a way that we can take some "baby steps".
   There is a new minor indoor league ready to launch as early as 4th quarter 2010. The cost of entry is exponentially lower than the MLL or NLL. This may be more of a palatable solution for not only me and my investors but also you the fan base upon entry at the gate.
   I do realize that box lacrosse removes some of the purity of the game, but I am looking at this option as a way  to bring more exposure (at any level ) to lacrosse in Pittsburgh.
  As always, your comments are well received.

3 comments:

Lax Guy said...

I am curious about this new minor indoor lax league. I have not heard of such a thing. Regional or nationwide?

Anonymous said...

This might also give a lot of local guys a chance to compete

Pittsburgh Lacrosse said...

dear anonymous,
My thought process was to draft all local players. It does good two fold...1. chance for local talent to compete. and 2. might create a larger draw of fans here in the Burgh